Posted by Keith Lee | Posted in Amazon Affiliate, Amazon Affiliate Program, Amazon Associate | Posted on 04-05-2011
How To Become An Amazon Affiliate?
A reader wished to know how he could become an Amazon Affiliate, here is my answer.
To join the Amzon Affiliate Program (Amazon Associate Program) is relatively easy and fast. It is free and no administration fee you need to pay to become an Amazon Affiliate.
Follow these steps to sign up to be an Amazon Affiliate:-
1. Amazon Affiliate Program requires you to have a functional website before you can apply to be an Amazon Affiliate. So go and create a website, preferrably a WordPress site. Or
2. Go to Amazon Marketplace to look for a product to promote.
With reference to Dan Brock’s DeadBeat Super Affiliate, you should select products base on the following criteria:
a. The product costs $100 or more;
b. The item has a star rating between 3.0 and 5.0;
c. There are about 10 user reviews or more;
d. There are at least 5 other products similar to the product you want to promote.
After you have selected a product, create a WordPress blog with write-up or articles related to this product. For Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes, you should select a Domain Name closely matches your product name/model. BUT, please take note that do NOT include the brand name in your Domain Name. Amazon will reject your application should they discover the product brand name is used as part of your url.
3. Once you have your website created, head over to Amazon Affiliate Program
4. Click on “Join now for FREE!” button on the right side of this page.
5. Provide your email contact, select “I am a new cutomer” and click the button “Sign in using our secure server”.
6. Fill out your name, password and hit the “Continue” button.
7. Fill in your personal particulars and hit the ”Continue” button.
8. Provide your site address, site purpose, contact name, etc. And hit the “Finish” button.
9. Amazon will usually respond within 24 hours, either confirming or rejecting your application.
10. If your request is approved, sign in to your Amazon Affiliate account and reconfirm all your praticulars especially your mailing address which is used to send you your Amazon Affiliate earning via check.
11. If you are residing in USA and prefer your Amazon Affiliate commission to be paid directly into your bank account, you can make the necesary setting under Account Setting –> “Change your payment method”.
12. Now that you have become an Amazon Affiliate, let’s head over to your selected product and get your Amazon Affiliate Link.
13. Click on the “Link to this page” tab at the upper left hand corner of the page, you will be shown your Amazon Affiliate codes for this product. Place this link on your website and you are ready to reap the Amazon Affiliate Program rewards! By the way, You can choose either text or picture links.
14. You might want to go for the “Get Started Tour” to have a better understanding of this Amazon Affiliate Program.
15. Amazon will send you monthly reports of activity from your site.
16. Please take note this: Residents of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina or Rhode Island are not eligible to participate in the Associates program.
Okay, by now you should know how to become an Amazon Affiliate. Next, go through my postings on this site to follow my Amazon money making journey. Most importantly, hop over to >>> Dan Brock’s DeadBeat Super Affiliate <<< to learn how to make money as an Amazon Super Affiliate.
All the best.
UPDATE: I discovered a more powerful and complete Amazon Money Making Method by Neil Venketramen.